WEBSEITE - dt.
WEBSITE - engl.
WEBSITE - franz.
WEBSITE - nl
WEBSITE - ital.
WEBSITE - span.
WEBSITE - jap.
  • Schriftgröße: 
  • A
  • A
  • A
 
Name
Beschreibung
  • Old University Assembly Hall (Alte Aula)
  • Münzgasse 30
  • 72074
  • Tübingen
The “University House”, originally named “aula nova”, was built in 1547 on the site of the “Sapienz”, which had burnt down several years before.

mehr
  • Old Botanical Garden (Alter Botanischer Garten)
  • Between the Old Town and University
In 1804 the construction of a botanical garden between the Old Town and University began, which is known today as the Old Botanical Garden.

mehr
  • Burse
  • Bursagasse
  • 72070
  • Tübingen
The Burse, an imposing example of the half-timbered style of architecture, was built between 1478-1482 for the Liberal Arts Faculty of the newly founded university. Here the 14-16 year-old scholars, the so-called “artists”, received a solid general education.

mehr
  • Protestant Seminary (Evangelisches Stift)
  • Klosterberg 2
  • 72070
  • Tübingen
Looking at the Protestant Seminary today, one can still see that it once served as a monastery. Starting in 1262 the Augustinian Hermits took up residence on the banks of the Neckar in this grand four-winged building. Between 1462 and 1513 the entire complex was renovated.

mehr
  • French Quarter (Französisches Viertel)
  • In the southern district of the town
Since the departure of the French troops in 1991-92, 60 hectares (148 acres) of undeveloped land in Tübingen’s south city has developed into two lively and diverse neighborhoods.

mehr
  • The Granary (Fruchtkasten)
  • Schmiedtorstr. 4
  • 72070
  • Tübingen
The granary is an imposing half-timbered building that was used to store the public food reserves shortly before the university was founded in 1475-76.

mehr
  • Hölderlin Tower (Hölderlinturm)
  • Bursagasse 6
  • 72070
  • Tübingen
Idyllically located on the northern bank of the Neckar River is Hölderlin Tower – the emblem of Tübingen. The yellow tower with the pointed roof is flanked by a weeping willow and in the summer the Stocherkähne (punts) dock below it.

mehr
  • St. James' Church (Jakobuskirche)
  • Jakobusgasse
  • 72070
  • Tübingen
St. James Church is located in the middle of the wine grower quarter, which Goethe described as being “incredibly bad and poorly built” (1797).

mehr
  • St. John’s Church (Johanneskirche)
  • Froschgasse 4
  • 72070
  • Tübingen
Built from 1875-78, St. John’s Church is one of the most prominent examples of neo-gothic architecture in Württemberg.

mehr
  • Jewish Lane (Judengasse)
  • Judengasse
  • 72070
  • Tübingen
Most likely, the first Jewish people settled in Tübingen in the 12th or 13th century. The Jewish Lane near the Crooked Bridge was first mentioned in writing in 1398.

mehr